Preparation 5 min
Cooking 1 min
Total time 36 min
For 4 people
- 1 tuna loin for tataki thawed in the refrigerator
- 5cl salted soy sauce
- 2cm fresh ginger, peeled greated, or 2 teaspoons powdered ginger
- 1 tablespoon neutral cooking oil, sunflower or other
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
For the sauce :
- 5cl salted soya sauce
- juice of a lime
- 1cm fresh ginger, peeled greated, or 2 teaspoons powdered ginger
- 1 tablespoon fresh or frozen chopped cilantro
- Combine soya sauce, sesame oil and grated peeled ginger in a dish.
- Pour a drizzle of neutral oil into a very hot skillet and sear the tuna loin very quickly (about 30 seconds on each side).
- Place in marinade and drizzle well to coat..
- Set aside in the fridge for about 2 hours, turning it over after 1 hour.
- Take out the tuna, roll in the sesame seeds before cutting into strips.
- Combine sauce ingredients.
- Present the tatakis and sauce separately. You can also offer soy sauce alone instead of the little sauce.