- Cooking : 8 minutes
- Portions : 4
- 20 large scallops
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 French shallots, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill, chopped
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
1. Thaw scallops as directed on package. Pat dry with paper towels. In a large pan, heat oil and 1 tablespoon of butter over medium-high heat. Put the scallops in the pan and cook for 2 to 4 minutes or until golden brown on each side. Keep scallops in a warm dish.
2. In the same pan, add the remaining butter and reduce over medium heat. Add shallots and cook, stirring, for about 1 minute or until softened. Pour in the white wine, scraping the bottom of the pan and reduce for 1 minute. Add the balsamic vinegar and cook 1 to 2 minutes or until the liquid has reduced by about half. Add the dill and lemon zest. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
3. Divide the scallops kept warm in the plates and drizzle with the sauce.