Preparation 25 min
Cooking time 20 min
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 45 ml (3 table spoon) butter
- 3 litres (12 cups) fresh spinach, washed, dried
- 24 choice oysters
- 30 ml (2 table spoon) breadcrumb
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) grated fresh parmesan cheese
- 3 eggs, separated
- 15 ml (1 table spoon) white wine
- 30 ml (2 table spoon) lemon juice
- 180 ml (3/4 cup) cold butter, cut in pieces
- Salt & pepper
- Preheat the broiler
- In a skillet, sauté garlic in butter without browning. Add spinach. Continue cooking until spinach has fallen off. Place in oyster shells. Place the oysters on top.
- In the upper part of the double boiler, off the heat, whisk together the egg yolks, white wine and lemon juice until frothy. Place over the simmering water. Cook with stirring, just to warm up. Add the butter, one piece at a time, whisking constantly. Wait until the butter has melted before adding another piece. Season with salt and pepper. Remove from the heat. In a bowl, beat egg whites until stiff peaks form. Gently stir in hollandaise sauce, Drizzle sauce over oysters. Sprinkle with breadcrumbs and parmesan. Bake until golden brown. Serve hot as an appetizer.